This month’s Women’s Health (one of my favourite magazines!) featured Anna Kournikova and was jam-packed with useful tips for us fitness junkies. Here are some of the highlights:
- Staff tips for weight loss in the Editor’s Letter (like drinking a cup of veggie soup before a dinner party to curb your appetite)
- A profile of the top weight loss foods including yogurt, nuts, fruit, wholegrains, and vegetables. The worst? Potato chips, potatoes, sugar-sweetened beverages, unprocessed red meats, processed meats. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- “Body by Anna” – Anna Kournikova talks about her new role on “The Biggest Loser”, and also demonstrates a “Lean, Strong, and Sexy Workout”. The only equipment you need is a medicine ball!
(Click on images to see full size).
- A profile on increasingly popular hybrid workouts like “tread”, and “piloxing”
- An article on a woman who dropped from 278 lbs to 150 lbs through disciplined diet and exercise (I enjoyed reading this one because it was far more realistic, and showed that she worked hard! Far too many “transformation” articles talk about somebody going on the elliptical 3x a week and seeing radical results…not realistic).
- A recipe for Honey-Mustard Salmon with Roasted Asparagus…mmm…
- 15-minute high-impact workout routines for busy women (one each for arms, abs, and skinny jeans!)
- …and finally, an interesting article on being “groomed” for success, which basically insists that you should not wear no makeup to work, however you should not wear a lot either. I’m sure the feminist within many people will be frustrated by these claims, but it did prove to be an interesting read.
Of course there is more. These are just the things I found to be the most interesting/exciting. Hope this gave you some tips and helps make your decision next time you’re in line at the grocery store! (Read: Women’s Health > Tabloid Mag)