Hello! Yesterday was my birthday, and with that came a lot of reflection – namely: what am I going to do with my life? Now don’t get me wrong, I have ideas about my career and whatnot. But really, that should only be a small part of “life”. Thus, I decided to compile a Life List, or a Bucket List of everything I’d really like to do. Currently it’s not that long (38 things to be exact!), however as this is a growing and evolving process I am devoting a separate page to it so that you can keep checking in on my progress, and any new additions. It should also be noted that I’d like to “see the world”…but I guess seeing the entire thing in one lifetime isn’t too attainable, therefore I didn’t list it as a goal! I encourage all of you to start your own life lists. Not only is it therapeutic, but I think it keeps things interesting too!
The Life List of Nikki Krysa (in no particular order):
1. Learn to speak fluent Polish and at least one other language.
2. Do one extreme activity to challenge my fear of heights (like bungee jumping or skydiving)
3. Become an entrepreneur.
4. Write and publish a book.
5. Live model for an art class (just to know what it feels like on the other side of the canvas!)
Take a surfing lesson.
7. Become good at surfing.
8. Speak at Speaker’s Corner.
9. Buy, repair, and drive an old muscle car.
10. Get my motorcycle license.
11. Run a half marathon.
12. Run a full marathon.
13. Audition for a band.
14. Take a road trip through the USA.
16. Volunteer for an animal rights organization.
17. Travel by backpack.
18. Act as a street performer for a day, and donate the money.
19. Have an art exhibition.
20. Have a conversation with Wally Lamb.
21. Buy and wear an obscenely fancy hat.
22. Learn how to ballroom dance.
23. Get my black belt in a martial art.
24. Confront my fear of acting – act on stage at least one time.
25. Be featured in a fitness magazine.
26. Get my pilot license.
27. Climb a mountain.
28. Watch every Woody Allen film.
29. Buy an absolutely massive canvas, and just go crazy with it.
30. Find the perfect arm chair (preferably red).
31. Buy a house and make it a home.
32. Play rugby.
33. Play snow tackle football on Christmas day (I stole this one from OhJoy!)
34. Snowboard somewhere other than Ontario.
35. Adopt a dog.
36. Finally learn how to de-stress.
37. Build a tree house and have frequent picnics in it.
38. Paint a self portrait…that I like.
You can keep track of it here. What’s on your life list? Let me know!