Happy Halloween everybody! I hope you’ve all been indulging as much as I have for this most wonderful of holidays. However, all that is good (or bad, depending on how you look at it!) must eventually come to an end, and tomorrow I start my Half Marathon Training. I have come up with a series of “lifestyle rules” for the next six months to go with my exercise plan. Here they are:
1) Take the stairs everywhere you can.
2) No alcohol except the occasional glass of red wine – aside from when I’m in Costa Rica, and during New Years.
3) No junk food except for the occasional piece of dark chocolate (except for Christmas!)
4) For drinks stick to unsweetened tea and water.
5) Fill up a water jug every day with 8 cups of water, and drink the entire thing.
6) Limit grain-type carbs to mornings when you need the energy (cereals, oatmeal, etc.)
7) TRY to go to bed at a regular time (this is tough being in school).
8 ) Read something you enjoy every night before bed to de-stress.
9) No eating past 8:30 pm
10) Record everything in a food journal.
11) No excuses, however if you are legitimately ill do not push yourself to work out – you will get worse.
Of course this will not be easy, but I am also a girl that loves a challenge..and I really am aiming for results. I actually lived very much like this when I was in London, England, and I can honestly say I was the happiest I’ve been in my entire life. Also if you are having trouble try to envision the end goal (like you wearing that sleek little dress you saw the other day for example)! Do you have any helpful “rules”? I’d love to hear them!